Sunday, November 29, 2015

NATURAL HAIR: I'VE GOTTEN LAZY, DIY HAIR MASK & HAIR LENGTH GOALS?!?

During my transition year, I did a lot of research on natural hair! I was pumped to create the many different looks with my natural hair, and wear my afro as much as I could. Fast forward to today, I've become super lazy with my hair. It's in that sort of awkward stage in my hair, and I recently trimmed my hair a bit too much, so I'm waiting for it to grow back out. I rarely wear my hair out these days, especially going to class. All I do these days is throw my scarf on top of my bonnet and leave the house. 

I have paid more attention to moisturizing, deep conditioning and massaging my hair. I wish I had pictures to show my hair growth, but it's usually shrunken because I keep it in twist. I have noticed that my coils are a lot looser than they were when I dig my "big chop" in April. I think that's bound to happen with more hair growth though. I'm not a curl chaser, but I have noticed my hair is very curly, which is nice I guess. 

I did a DIY hair mask using honey, mayo, olive oil, coconut oil, JBCO and conditioner. I found this on Pinterest, but there's a ton of other ones for different hair needs as well. For a second I was thinking about wearing my hair out, but with the weather being cold and dry lately I don't wanna wear my hair out. I do plan on making some wigs for the Winter time, so I'll probably make a blog post about it. I've made them a couple years ago and a lot of people thought they were sew-ins! Youtube, guys, Youtube! 

I'm gonna take a break from trimming my hair until I need to. I don't know why I started to trim it every 4 months because I don't do much to it. During my transitioning period, I was able to get my hair to my armpit, so I'm gonna try to do that again. I probably have another 3-4 1/2 inches of hair until I get to that point, but I'm looking forward to just seeing how much hair growth I can get with my hair. I usually keep my hair shoulder length, so this will be different for me. I do want a big afro though. 

I think when I hit my 1 year being back to natural, I'll color my hair. I haven't in a while, but I'm nervous about it. If I do plan on doing this, I'm going to go to a professional definitely. I've seen people do it at home, but I don't wanna mess up my curl pattern. 


No comments:

Post a Comment