Thursday, May 7, 2015

MAY CURRENT FAVORITES!!

It's been a while since I blogged about my current favorites, so I thought I'd share what I've become obsessed with since February. I may space out my favorites every couple months, that way I can accumulate products, and it takes a while for me to actual say "I LOVE THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE...." Hopefully you'll see some products you may want to try out, introduced to something new or know and love!




HAIR



Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque has been a favorite of mine since I discovered it during my transitioning months in 2014. As the masque states, it helps dry, damaged hair and helps to strengthen, heal and grow your hair. I did a review on the whole Raw Shea Butter line from Shea Moisture, if you'd like to check it out. The price of this product is ranges from $9-$12 depending on where you get it from, and if there's a deal on the product. Check your local Walgreens, CVS or Rite-Aid because they tend to have good deals on this brand!! **HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT**





Tresemme Naturals Conditioner was one of those products you hear everyone rave about! As a YouTube junkie, I was convinced by every natural I watched that this product was good...AND IT'S TRUE! I absolutely love the way this product leaves my hair feeling cleansed, moisturized and has GREAT SLIP!! I use this product a lot for co-washing! I did hear that the original formula was changed, but I hadn't tried the original, so I don't know what the difference is. I bought mine from the market for about $6, but I'm sure you can find this for a lot cheaper. This is definitely a product that I will purchase again!!





Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie is another product that was hyped up by many. I initially bought this product because CVS was having a buy one get one FREE sale, and I couldn't pass this up! When I applied this product for my twist out, I WAS SO AMAZED BY HOW MUCH IT ENHANCED MY NATURAL CURLS! This product is around $12, but as I stated you can find a deal at the drugstore. Target sells this brand too, so check there for deals. It's best to stock up on Shea Moisture products when they have deals..especially the BOGO sales!






Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Conditioner as you can see there's a trend going on with Shea Moisture, which tells you that I really love this brand! The masque and the conditioner are apart of the Raw Shea Butter line. This conditioner is great because you can use it as a deep conditioner (at least I have), or a leave-in! Be mindful to use a little of the product as a leave-in!! The price ranges depending on what store you get it from. Typically the price can be between $10-$12.







Shea Moisiure Superfruit Complex:10-in-1 Renewal System Conditioner is HEAVEN! It's this product so pretty to look at. When Shea Moisture first put out this product, I was instantly wanting to try it! Since I mainly co-wash, I reached for the conditioner first among the line. The first thing you notice is the smell of the product, which I LOVE! I like the texture of the product too. This product has 10 benefits, hence 10-in-1: Age-Defy, Nourish, Anti-Stress, Revive Body, Color Protect, Shine, Hydrate, Strengthen, Manageability, Soften. With all those benefits, why wouldn't you grab this product IMMEDIATELY!!! This product is about $11, not bad at all!






Vell'uptuous Skin 'Shea Hair and Body Whipped Cream is new to my collection, but it's already a favorite of mine. This past weekend, I attending the Philly Natural Hair Show. I love when I can test a product out before purchasing it. I tested the product on my dry hands, and it immediately absorbed into my skin. It left my hand feeling WONDERFUL! YASSSSSSS! Not only can you use this product on your skin, but your hair as well! THERE'S ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS IN THIS PRODUCT: RAW SHEA BUTTER, OLIVE OIL, COCONUT OIL, AND VITAMIN E OIL!!! It was $10 and not a bad price at all, and I can probably make this at home if I wanted to!!! YASSSSSSSSSSSS! 






Wide Tooth Comb now this is an ESSENTIAL tool everyone with hair should be using! Since I began transitioning, I only use wide tooth combs. They are 1. COST EFFICIENT, 2. COME IN DIFFERENT SHAPES AND SIZES, AND 3. EASES THE DETANGLING PROCESS! You can get these almost anywhere, and usually only cost a couple bucks! Trust me, once you start using this comb, you won't turn back!

 






SKIN



Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment is one of those products that you need to have the moment a pimple appears. I like to put this product on my pimple the moment it appears. Though I haven't notice it do much for my acne marks, the size of the pimple decreases overnight. The price point is around $7-$9. Using white toothpaste is an alternative, and more cost efficient. 


Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser always has me coming back for more. I love the way this product makes my skin feel, and does the job. I've tried a couple products from Biore, and for the most part they're a good brand. The cooling sensation I get from this product is my favorite thing about it. Especially when I'm taking a warm shower. When my pores are opened, it deep cleans more! You can get this product for about $8 depending where you find it!






Simple Cleansing Micellar Water is a decent product to have in your collection if you just need an every morning cleanser. I bought this product because I heard a YouTuber rave about it. I really like the idea of the product, but like I said it's good to use in the morning. The product claims to 'cleanse, remove makeup and hydrate', but I found using it more of the product to take off my makeup. It was around $7, so I'm not mad about spending the money, since it is still a relatively good product. Will I purchase this product again though? Yes. 





 MAKEUP


Urban Decay Ammo Palette  is BEAUTIFUL! I love UD a lot, and I've mentioned them in my February favorites before! They do a great job at producing great eye shadow colors, and the Ammo Palette is one of those palettes you need to get your hands on! I bought this palette for $16, which isn't bad for UD. You get 10 shimmer eye shadows that are very pigmented, and great for this time of the year! It comes with a little brush and the original Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I'm not the biggest fan of the primer, but the colors are great! 







Lorac Pocket Pro Palette was a STEAL in my opinion! This is the first purchase from Lorac I've made, and I want more. This palette is travel friendly, and you can create a day or a night look with all three colors. It's a very pigmented palette as well, so a little goes a long way...especially for Espresso! If you want to try Lorac, BUY THIS! It's $15=MANY MAKEUP LOOKS!






Loreal 12hr Infallible 'The Super Slim' Eye Line was a "THANK GOD I GOT THIS" purchase. I was looking for a new eyeliner because the one I was using at the time SUCKED! I usually gravitate towards thick/dramatic cat eyes, but I was surprised that I was able to achieve that look with this liner. It also helps me handle it better since it's thin. I purchased this for $9, and it's definitely 'MUST REPURCHASE ITEM'!








Maybelline Rocket Mascara 'Waterproof Formula' is my FAVORITE MASCARA! I'm pretty sure I learned about this product through YouTube. I bought this product and haven't looked back. The waterproof formula is better in my opinion because it holds the curl better. I purchase other mascaras, but this one is the best drugstore mascara I have purchased thus far! I love the length that I get with this mascara, and my friend thought I was wearing false lashes...NOPE! That's how amazing this mascara is! This is roughly $6, but the drugstore is always having says on Maybelline, so you can get this cheaper! Try this product!



I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS POST, AND STAY TUNED FOR MORE REVIEWS, FAVORITES, BEAUTY TALK AND MORE ON THIS BLOG! 







No comments:

Post a Comment