Wednesday, August 12, 2015

NATURAL HAIR: HOW I MOISTURIZE MY HAIR AND SCALP: PRODUCTS I USE ON CLEAN AND 4-5 DAY OLD HAIR!

(L-R): Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Spray Bottle with Water, Some of Marguerite's Magic, Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave in Conditioner, Viva Labs Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Wide Tooth Comb (Curl Kit box)


When I feel like my hair is dry and could use some love, these are the products I use to moisturize my hair and scalp.

Clean Hair: I usually use 'Some of Marguerite's Magic and Coconut Oil after I've washed my hair. With my hair in sections, I finger detangle first. Then I take a dime size amount of coconut oil, work that into the section and comb my hair. After that I use SMM, which has shea butter in it to further moisturize my hair and scalp. Once that is done, I create a two strand twist and continue with the other sections.

4-5 Day Old Hair: Starting with one two strand twist, I unravel it and spray a bit of water on my hair. This helps me detangle it better, and makes moisturizing my hair easier. I then finger detangle, followed by using the wide tooth comb. After that I take a little bit of Shea Moisture's JBCO Leave-In Conditioner, and I work that into that section. Using the JBCO, I take the tiniest amount and massage that onto my scalp. I re-twist and continue with the same process until every section is complete. 


How do you moisturize your hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment