Friday, June 17, 2016

Hair Update!

Hair Journey 

I've been back to natural for 1 year and 2 months now. My main concern about my hair is my edges. I never had an issue with my edges before, and it was always strong. However, my last relaxer really jacked it up. It's never been the same since. I make sure that I'm very careful with my hair now. I can say that I've noticed a slight difference using Jamaican Black Castor Oil, MTG, and massaging my scalp more and more. 

My hair texture has changed a lot too. I think mainly since it's growing a lot. My coils are becoming looser, and at first I was like why is my hair being so weird right now, lol. I don't often do length checks with my hair. I get compliments on my hair often and being told that my hair looks so "healthy" really made me happy. The overall health of my hair is more important than the length of my hair. Healthy hair grows, so I must be doing something right. I just purchased some more Jojoba Oil and Aloe Vera Juice. I was reading that they help promote hair growth, so I'll keep you updated on how that helps my edges.

Styling My Hair 

Twist Outs have been my main style that I do, but I got back into doing my flat twist crown. But I think I'm gonna let my hair be for the next couple days and just spritz it when it gets dry. Regardless of the weather, I have to twist my hair every night. I've opted to just let it be for a while..at least until the next time I wash it. I also need to find a new deep conditioner for my hair. As long as my hair doesn't have me looking like who did it and why, I'll be ok. I haven't had any problems with my hair this Summer except for the dryness due to the heat. But that's why water is a great moisturizer! I've incorporate Olive Oil in my hair, and I love it! It definitely gives my hair the sheen to my hair, making it look really cute. Dry hair and dry looking hair is what I try to avoid, but also avoiding putting too much oil on my hair and scalp is what I try to avoid too. So if I need to moisturize my hair I'll just spray it with water, and fluff it a bit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment