Monday, August 10, 2015

SKIN CARE ROUTINE: PRODUCTS I CURRENTLY USE!

I just finished my skin care routine, and I took a moment to look at my skin. I've always had ups and downs with acne since I hit puberty. At 25, I unfortunately still battle with it from time to time, so I've been trying to figure out how I can get rid of my acne. I've tried different skin care products and acne systems like Proactiv. I found Proactiv to be WAY WAY WAAAAAAAY too harsh on my skin!! I've used Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, Oxy, Biore, etc. They work..at first, but then my skin becomes use to the products and it stops working on my skin.

Now I'm at the point where I'm like "Ya know, maybe I should research some natural ways to treat my acne, and ways to try and get rid of it". Now that I'm natural, I've opted for more natural products due to a lot of "bad" ingredients many hair care products have in them. 

LIGHT BULB MOMENT!! WHY NOT JUST RESEARCH THE PRODUCTS I USE ON MY HAIR TO SEE IF I CAN USE THEM ON MY FACE!! 

CLEANSE
My sister recently picked up a this Olay Fresh Effects Product up from the store. It's the Shine Go Away Cleanser that came with a really cool brush. It's a cute little exfoliating brush that is perfect for my T-zone. I don't really use the cleanser much, but I use the brush to cleanse my skin. I still use my Biore black cleansing face wash; however, it's a lot better when you use the brush. I switch up between that and the Fresh Effects face scrub. I alternate so my skin doesn't get use to the product too quickly. I am in the market for a new product, but until I use those up, I won't be purchasing anything else just yet. 

TONER/SPOT TREATMENT

THE MVP PRODUCT I USE AT THE MOMENT FOR TREATING PIMPLES QUICKLY:

ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!!!

  • Has both antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which act to remove bacteria in the skin and cleanse acne prone areas. 
  • Naturally balances the skin.
ACV is such a great product for many uses! Check out my blog post here to learn how to use this lovely product: http://beautyenthusiastmue.blogspot.com/2015/08/health-beauty-benefits-of-apple-cider.html  I was too impressed of how effective this was on my pimple that I got that day. Usually, my pimples last a couple days..unless I pick them (I KNOW I SHOULDN'T..BAD HABIT..TISK TISK). I diluted it in some water because it is very strong. Within the hour, my pimple shrunk half the size from what it originally was. I screamed and shouted with excitement because I have never had a product that was this quick! Even using white toothpaste isn't as effective as Apple Cider Vinegar is. 

I not only use this as a spot treatment, but it's great as a toner as well. I just ended my cycle, which was hell and my skin is looking vibrant and clearer already. I looked in the mirror and was like "Damn, my skin is looking better already!" It hasn't entirely rid my skin of blemishes and pimples, but it is beginning to make a difference, and I'm loving the results already. 

ACNE SCARS
With acne comes scars, and boy do I have them! I wish I knew about ACV when I started puberty because my skin would be in way better shape. I've been a "picker" over the years, and it shows. My next step was to research some more products I had, and see what I could use on my skin. I was watching a YouTube video (as always), and heard about this oil called Rosehip (seed) Oil. I had never heard of this oil before, but I decided to do some research on it. *PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH PRODUCTS BEFORE USING THEM* I did see some articles on the pros and cons of this product, but I decided to give it a shot and test it out. I also purchased this on Amazon (they get all the money): http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Rose-Seed-ounce/dp/B0014UAHQW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439191246&sr=8-2&keywords=rosehip+seed+oil

When I first tried this product, I didn't know what to think. To apply, I cleanse my skin and moisturized it. Then I used 1-2 drops and used the press and padding method to apply the product. I've learned that products really get into the skin when you're using this method, and not rubbing it into the skin. 

Tonight, I noticed that one of the scars I had is beginning to lighten up a bit. I don't use this everyday. I try to use this every other day or so. It is a strong product so be very careful with this. *BONUS: THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE GOOD FOR YOUR HAIR AS WELL. I NEED TO RESEARCH A BIT MORE BEFORE USING IT, BUT IF IT'S TRUE..WIN WIN!!*

MOISTURIZER 
Sweet Almond Oil is my current moisturizer for my skin. I've tried other moisturizers, but they either sit on my skin, or break me out. My skin absorbs this oil well, and it doesn't clog my pores. I purchased mine from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/solutions-Sweet-Almond-Moisturizing-ounce/dp/B0019LVFSU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439190692&sr=8-1&keywords=sweet+almond+oil, but they do have the cold press version on this site as well. I put this on my skin after I used the apple cider vinegar. 

I do use Jojoba Oil, and Avocado Oil on my skin, but Sweet Almond Oil is the best light moisturizer right now. 


I'm hoping that using these products, my skin will continue to improve. I'm not expecting overnight success, though I'm literally seeing it. I'm changing my lifestyle, so my skin will begin to reflect that; eating cleaner, working out, drinking more water, etc. 

I hope you found this blog post helpful. I'm not a doctor, that's why I encourage you to research these products. My skin type is different from yours, so what works for me may not work for you. If you have struggled with acne yourself, and no longer do, I'd love to know how you got rid of your acne. 

Nisha <3

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for viewing this post! I hope this information has helped you somewhat. I'm still on the hunt for a product for acne scars. If you know of anything, let me know!

    ReplyDelete